Great video, but I was hanging out to be told the best way to design for users is to be drunk yourself. Thanks, @davempalmer for the link!
- Up to 15% of all projects are “abandoned because they are hopelessly inadequate”.
- Programmers spend 50% of their time on rework that is avoidable.
- Fixing an error after development is completed costs 100x that of fixing it before.
- 3 of the top 12 reasons why projects fail are related to UX:
- Badly defined requirements
- Poor communication among customers, developers and users
- Stakeholder politics
- Factors that can measure return on investment:
- Conversion rate
- Users take the action you want them to take
- Decrease in abandonment
- Decrease calls to helpdesk
- Reduce training required
- Increase usage of an application or action
- Save user time
- Save development time
- Reduce errors
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.