- We choose what other people are choosing.
- We try to make an ideal choice.
- Choice always involves loss.
How does this relate to UX?
- Offering too many choices may make your users anxious to the point of inaction (analysis paralysis), or action at your competitor (“too hard, going somewhere else”).
- It’s helpful to suggest why a user would choose a particular option.
- Give users an ‘out’ if they make the wrong choice – eg. refunds, exchanges, upgrades & downgrades, a properly functioning back button.